Friday, January 30, 2015

Fancy Pants Poetry, by Agostino Scafidi

 photo 23642813_zps8e663ed1.jpg

Synopsis: The poetry you'll meet in this collection will be biting, defensive, cynical and sarcastic. Dark humour is used to elaborate upon bleak life outlooks. At many times the spirit in these poems are rooted in antonymous rebellion. All that said, the reader will also encounter various instances synonymous with the proverbial "light at the end of tunnel".

Thoughts: I don't usually review poetry books, because everyone reacts to poetry in a very individual way. However, this author approached me personally with a request, so I decided to give it a shot.

The poems are all short but strongly emotional. One of my favorites is titled "Secrets."

For the most part, the poems lean to the dark side, yet there is still a sense of hope in the words. This is a work that I will re-read many times in the future.

**I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.**

My rating: Five stars

No comments: