Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Wicked Weaves (Renaissance Faire Mystery #1), Joyce and Jim Lavene

 photo 72de2d8ce3783b283e596789e5beb4f2_zpsf2bcb62e.jpg

Synopsis: Assistant professor Jessie Morton spends her summers at the Renaissance Village honing her skills and finding the lady, lord, or serf whodunnit.

This summer Jessie is the apprentice to Mary Shift, a basket-maker with a dark past as well as incredible weaving skills. One day a man is bid a deadly fare-thee-well with Mary?s signature weave around his neck. It?s up to Jessie to spring Mary from the stocks of the Myrtle Beach police station. Yet innocence is hard to prove in a place where there?s a fine line between reality and good theater?and history is bound to repeat itself.

Thoughts: Another cozy I had high hopes for, as I love RenFest here in Ohio. Unfortunately, it never really grabbed and held my attention. Honestly, I found myself falling asleep every time I sat down and started reading it.

No comments: